?

Log in

Dec. 2nd, 2008 @ 02:54 pm Update on Dad...
Emotion:: scaredscared
I haven't really had a chance to update anything since I left to go to MI, sorry about that.

I'm back in Chicago now, but I wish I could be at home. If I didn't have animals to care for and a job that's about to disown me because I keep taking time off, I would still be there.

I got a call from my mom this morning... my dad's going to go into surgery Thursday morning. They said there's a 25% chance that he won't make it out of surgery.

I feel lost, and I wish I could be there for him. And for my mother, who is freaking out and not okay.

I mean, yes, that means there's a 75% chance that he'll be just fine (much better, even, after they fix things with his lung) but the other 25% scares the hell out of me.

He can't talk right now because he's intubated, but he wrote my mom a note after they found out about the surgery and it said "If anything happens, don't be sad, we had a lot of fun."

Every time I write that or say it, it makes me cry.

I'm scared.
About this Entry
[User Picture Icon]
From:ilikeswords86
Date:December 2nd, 2008 11:17 pm (UTC)
(Link to This)
*hugs*

I'm sorry, hon.
[User Picture Icon]
From:flamingsword
Date:December 4th, 2008 12:34 am (UTC)
(Link to This)
*hugs you, also*

There seems to be a rash of dying family members this fall. Creepy.
[User Picture Icon]
From:willowwolf28
Date:December 4th, 2008 04:38 pm (UTC)
(Link to This)
*hugs tight*
[User Picture Icon]
From:prettypinkgun
Date:December 4th, 2008 07:24 pm (UTC)
(Link to This)
Ummm, I don't know about that second comment up there but whatever. He isn't dying, were all staying positive and he going to make it like always because there are still so many witty things that man has to to say!

<3